What is Antique Sound Workshop?
- For over forty years, we have dedicated ourselves to improving the standard of recorder playing, one instrument at a time. This link will tell you everything (and quite possibly more than) you ever wanted to know about who we are and what we offer, as well as some information about our history, our publications, and our sales policies. If you can't find the answer here, there is always E-mail, telephone, fax, or [shudder] snail mail for the hopelessly retro.
Antique Sound Workshop Catalogue
- Our extensive on-line catalogue offers more than 800 different models of recorders and an equal number of other historical woodwind, brass, string, keyboard, and percussion instruments. Our sheet music catalogue contains more than 15,000 titles the last time we counted. Feel free to download and print out any specific catalogue pages in which you are interested. However, if you're looking for something specific or want advice or guidance, it might just be quicker if you call up and ask.
ASW Information Bulletins
- These bulletins will provide you with concise, detailed, and authoritative information on various aspects of the recorder and its playing technique. If you need a crash course in some specific subject, this is a good place to start. Beginners will want to read the first five bulletins in the order listed. If you have questions not answered here, feel free to call us, but do bear in mind H. L. Mencken's dictum: "For every complex question, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." To which we would add the corollary: "For every simple question, the only correct answer is long, complex, and detailed."
Special Notices to Our Customers
We regret to inform our customers that we are completely sold out of Huber Model III soprano and alto recorders in plumwood as well as Model III tenor recorders in cherrywood. Due to a wood shortage, Huber will not be able to supply us with these models again until sometime later in the fall. However, they have offered to provide us with a limited number of Model III soprano, alto, and tenor recorders in walnut for the same price as the unavailable plumwood and cherrywood models. Those players wanting Huber Model III instruments in a harder wood may wish to take advantage of this one-time special offer. Straight and bentneck bass recorders in walnut are also now available as well, but at a somewhat higher price than the cherrywood models.
UPS has increased its ground and air shipping rates 4.9% for 2014. We will continue to pay the UPS Ground Shipping costs for all domestic orders over $100, but orders totaling less than that amount will be billed for shipping at the new prices, which became effective December 30th, 2013.
New from the Gerhard Huber workshop in Switzerland are three extremely inexpensive historical woodwind instruments: two transverse flutes and a chalumeau. These well-designed and impeccably-crafted instruments represent this maker's first expansion into woodwind instruments other than recorders and are ideal choices for recorder players wanting to expand their musical horizons to historical flutes and clarinets –– and at a bargain price as well.
We have just added a large selection of high-quality, hand-crafted wind chimes by Music of the Spheres to our catalogue. Made here in the United States, these fine musical instruments are available in over fifty models; there are five standard sizes, each of which is available in ten different tunings, plus several additional specialized models in single tunings. Please see What's New at Antique Sound Workshop? for our detailed comments on these new items.
The German workshop of Conrad Mollenhauer has announced a number of new recorder models for 2013: a plumwood Dream bass recorder, two Modern alto recorders in g', and an all-new custom-made Elody alto recorder with an integrated electronic pickup in the headjoint. Please see What's New at Antique Sound Workshop? for our detailed comments on these new items.
We have recently changed credit card processors and are now able to accept a complete selection of credit cards for payment: in addition to VISA and MasterCard, we now also accept payment by Discover, Diners Club, JCB, and American Express. Please also note that we no longer are required to submit the three-digit CCV code for VISA transactions. Our ASW Order Form has been updated to accommodate these additional possibilities for payment. As always, we ask that customers please submit their orders using our on-line order form, so that we may fill your order as expeditiously as possible.
We ask that all orders for plastic recorders, accessories, and/or sheet music be placed using our ASW Order Form. This will enable us to process and fill your order much more quickly and efficiently. Credit card information may be safely left on our office answering machine outside of our regular business hours if desired; please include your name and your credit card's number and expiration date. Because of the great volume of orders for our custom-serviced plastic recorders, we are not able to accept telephone, fax, or E-mail orders for these items and ask for your cooperation and consideration of our other customers in this regard.
Customers placing orders via our on-line ASW Order Form and requesting shipping via UPS Ground, Air, or International services will automatically receive detailed shipping, tracking, and delivery information via E-mail. Any delivery delays caused by adverse weather conditions or other problems will also be rescheduled and reported. If you wish to have us send this information to multiple E-mail addresses, simply provide the additional addresses in the information box at the bottom of the order form. Orders placed by phone, fax, or E-mail must be processed manually, which causes more delay in processing and shipping and does not allow for automatic confirmation and shipping notification.
We answer all orders and inquiries promptly. A few customers have reported that they did not receive our order confirmations or shipping notifications, apparently due to overly-aggressive spam filtration by their Internet Service Provider or E-mail client. Please be certain that aswltd.com and ups.com are trusted domains in your server and personal E-mail security settings if you wish to insure that you will receive our communications.
ASW Staff E-Mail Addresses
- In order to serve you more efficiently, each member of our staff now has his or her own E-mail address. Our ASW staff directory provides you with quick and easy-to-use E-mail reply forms.
How to Place Your Order
- If you want to "cut to the chase" and place an order now, go to our ASW Order Form. If you want to send us an order by E-mail, please contact our Sales Department at email@example.com. You may also call, fax, or write us.
What's New at Antique Sound Workshop?
- You will find here direct links to the newest items in stock at Antique Sound Workshop. All items are in reverse chronological order, so the most recent items are listed first.
Carlton's Clearance Corner
- This link will take you directly to our current inventory of pre-owned, demonstration, imperfect, discontinued, overstocked, and closeout recorders and other historical instruments.
ASW Web Site Search Engine
- If you are looking for something very specific, rather than just browsing, our new and powerful site-wide search engine will find every mention of it for you in just a few seconds.
- We have listed the contents of all back issues of our customer newsmagazine for the past ten years. Copies of most back issues are still available.
You are visitor no. to this Web site since August 1st, 1996.
Copyright, Antique Sound Workshop, Ltd., 2014. All rights reserved.